Balancing the dream and the job. Can you relate?

Balancing the dream and the job. Can you relate?

Hey loves,

Shana-Kay | (SKay) So Peachy

I’ve always felt like I have a purpose. I’ve always felt like I was created to be great, and over the years I’ve been working hard on finding that purpose. I’m one of those people who always want to be doing something productive,I feel as if I’m not doing something I’m literally wasting my life.  I’ve always wanted to be an example, someone you can look to, a successful woman without having to sleep with a wealthy man who treats me like sh*t to get ahead.

I know where I belong now, I know what my gifts are but sometimes I get flustered. I feel as if the dream isn’t coming through as fast as it ought to. I’ve tried so many things in my life and I wonder, when… when will I find that one thing that just takes me flying. I’m not one to be caged in by sitting at a desk for 8 hours and constantly be looking at the time praying for the clock to hit five (5). It feels like I’m settling and I’ve never been the one to settle, period. The people who knows me knows that much about me. I was created for more than this. I want to be my own boss. I want to be the one calling the shots for what I do and when I do it.

Balancing the dream and a full time job is not easy but very necessary. At times I feel squirmish and worn out because my mind is constantly on what I love and what I would  rather be doing right now but without the job I’d lose my independence and then having to depend solely on my husband and I’m not about that life.There’s nothing greater than spending your own money. I never want to be fully dependent on my husband, even though he doesn’t mind taking care of me for the rest of our lives.

My aim is to assist with building that empire he and I dream of and making a name for myself. I want to be successful because the life I want to be living is pretty damn expensive.  I want my brand “SKay So Peachy” to be so known and acknowledged by people around the world in a good way. I’m driven by purpose, I’m driven by consistency. I know that balancing the dream and the job is necessary right now and though I may feel unhappy at times because I’m not where I want to be.. yet! I will continue to be consistent. If this is how you are feeling too, don’t get too down about it. Do the best you can to take yourself out of the hole you think you might be stuck in.

I have a dream….

Can you relate to this blog? let me know what you’re thinking. I want to take the time out to say thank you to everyone who has been supporting me this far, who continue to read my blogs and watch videos, I am extremely grateful to you all.

1. October 29, 2015 / 7:36 pm

Wowwww. You just took the words out of my mind . Everything you just described in this one post is EXACTLY to a T how i feel . I feel like i have a time line ,constantly like you said wanting to feel like im progressing and doing something productive cuz if i dont i go nuts! Just for this im following u ! Amazing post glad to know someone feels the same way i do

• October 29, 2015 / 8:03 pm

Girl! I go through this almost everyday. I just had to write about it. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for following.

2. sherone
    October 30, 2015 / 5:45 am

I can definitely, I can’t get comfortable in what I do. I’m always searching for the next best thing….. never settle, I totally feel u on this

3. October 30, 2015 / 8:33 am

Girl you are so right. I too have been trying to balance both The Dream of inspiring others through the written and spoken word and holding down a job to earn a steady income. So as to not be a burden to my love ones, you know us Capricorns are very independent and nurturing creatures ;we also love to ensure our love ones are well taken care of. In addition ,we all know “The Dream” won’t pay off initially without plenty of work, as the Jamaican proverbs say, “if you want good you nose affi run” So let’s continue to keep the faith, have hope and work towards accomplishing our dreams until one day our dream will work for us. So happy for you girl, nuff, love and respect, blessings.

• October 30, 2015 / 8:44 am

Yea girl. Keeping the faith is necessary while we work. Thanks for the love hun

4. October 30, 2015 / 8:41 am

5. October 30, 2015 / 3:07 pm

Np girl, sorry for the repeated post, didn’t realize it went through the first time, you can delete the second one , i don’t know how to, i’m still learning about these things blogging, posting and commenting,lol. keep up the good work, blessings.